Special districts are sanctioned under California Law for the performance of local governmental functions within specified boundaries. Agencies range in size from small to very large and often cross political boundary lines, such as city and county borders, to serve a common community of interest.
There is a clear identification between agency name and services provided, which has resulted in a high level of accountability and responsibility to the public, and a high degree of customer satisfaction. As such, they are an integral part of local government and contribute significantly to the quality of life in the communities they serve.
The Santa Barbara County Chapter of the California Special Districts Association includes 33 member districts.
SBCCSDA Member Agencies:
- Cachuma Operation and Maintenance Board
- Carpinteria Sanitary District
- Carpinteria Valley Water District
- Embarcadero Municipal Improvement District
- Goleta Cemetery District
- Goleta Sanitary District
- Goleta Water District
- Goleta West Sanitary District
- Isla Vista Community Services District
- Los Alamos Community Services District
- Montecito Fire Protection District
- Montecito Sanitary District
- Montecito Water District
- Mosquito and Vector Control District of Santa Barbara County
- Santa Barbara County Air Pollution Control District
- Santa Maria Public Airport District
- Santa Maria Valley Water Conservation District
- Santa Ynez Community Services District
- Summerland Sanitary District
- Vandenberg Village Community Services District